What Must You Focus On When You Compete?
May 5th, 2020
19 mins 47 secs
About this Episode
If I was to ask you the question, "what must you focus on when you compete?"
What would your response be?
I have a good feeling that you are going to say , "WIN!"
And of course you want to win, who doesn't? But just focusing on winning will not give you the results you want.
If you focus on the result, you don't play anywhere near your capabilities because you are focusing on the wrong thing. You are focusing on the goal.
Absolutely it is important to set the goal because that is your destination but, there are a series of steps that it is going to take to get you there.
One of the most important steps is;
'Staying in the Moment'.
When you think about it, whether you have competed, practiced or trained, when has it been your best session?
It's that feeling you get (in a zone) that you are calm, you anticipate well and you feel like you can do anything.
Getting that result you want, when you consider this, it is a series of 'staying in the moments' that will help bring out your better performances that will give you better results.
How do you do that?
Here's what to focus on;
- When you go out to train and/or practice for your sport I want you to work on staying in the moment.
- As soon as you notice your mind drifting see if you can bring your mind back to focusing on what you are doing.
- Train yourself to feel the technique by staying in the moment and the more you practice this eventually it will flow.
Have you signed up for the FREE Successful Athletes Masterclass?
In this I show you;
- what's holding you back from accomplishing your goals.
- how to get your mindset right for striving towards your future (your destiny).
- how to identify your strengths and weakness in your sport and your mental side of your sport.
- how to craft your plan to go after your sports goals in a strategic way.
Register at www.tiffanymika.com/sam
Have an absolutely awesome day and remember, Dream Big, Believe In You & Go After Your Dreams.
To your abundance,
P.S. Leave a comment and share with me what you liked best about what you heard today... thank you.
Connect With Tiff Here:
Email: [email protected]